How can we help you?
How to Install Velcro
Installing Velcro is best done in a clean, dry environment. Ideally room temp or warmer.
When we install in the shop, we first clean the surface with Isopropyl alcohol, then mount the Velcro on one section of Skirting, peel off the plastic backing, then lay the other section of Skirting on top.
We do this on a large, smooth table, then we have a small roller with a handle that we use to roll with firm pressure back and forth in both directions over the area where the Velcro is.
Depending on your situation, it may be appropriate to unsnap the Skirting around the area where you are installing Velcro, then do the installation on a table or piece of plywood or similar.
If that’s not possible, you may be able to copy the technique while the Skirting is hanging by placing a board or some other hard, flat item behind the Skirting.
The Velcro sticks right away, but it is good to let it bond for 24 hours before exposing it to a strong force.
- Clean the surface with Isopropyl alcohol where you will be mounting Velcro.
- Ideally install at room temperature.
- Firmly press Velcro once in place, ideally with a roller.
- Use a firm backing when rolling to ensure Velcro is fully pressed into the surface.
- Velcro takes 24 to 48 hours to fully bond.